Monday, February 8, 2016

make your guitar into...



I'm diving into a new app for my iPad.  It listens to audio input from your guitar, converts it to MIDI notes.  What?  In other words, this is how to turn your guitar into any instrument you want.  Play guitar > hear a trumpet.  It sounds like a brilliant idea and lots of developers have tried to do this with software applications.




What I like about this app, and may set it apart:
  1. People say it has low latency.  This is essential if this type of thing is really going to work.  You have to be able to pluck a note on your guitar and immediately hear a ...kazoo or whatever you've sent the MIDI notes to.
  2. It is free to try.  Not very many apps on iPad are doing this, but it is a model that would make a lot of sense.  Why not let us try it out first before paying $30 for an iPad app!
I'll report back if I like what I find.


No comments:

Post a Comment